Some people eat, sleep and chew gum, I do genealogy and write...

Sunday, April 12, 2015

A Genealogical Note on my Spring Break Travels

Burr Trail Switchbacks
My wife and I took an extremely interesting trip through Utah's canyon country. Most of our dirt road driving was in the huge 100-mile long Capital Reef National Park. One notable part of the trip was on the 62.6 mile, Notam Road - Burr Trail. One spectacular part of the Burr Trail is a series of steep switchbacks that climb around a thousand feet up the face of the Waterpocket Fold.

When I got home, I was checking with my next door neighbor and talked about driving the road to find out that she was descendant of Charles Burr the son of John Atlantic Burr, the namesake of the Trail. Genealogy is everywhere, you just have to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment